This unit has been a nightmare. We purchased it through GE by trading in our old unit. The old unit, while a bit beaten down after 9 years, worked. This one thus far has been horrid, starting with the install.
1. Install that was set-up by GE was poor.
2. Handle on the front door was not flush, GE would not replace but "repaired it"
3. Screw fell out of front door.
4. Top rack will not move smoothly in and out after less than 3 months. Constantly falls off.
5. Residue left in front of unit constantly (we use the recommended cascade, and rinse agent)
6. Cleaning only works if you run the heavy duty setting every time, unless you pre-rinse.
7. Though parts of the cycle it is much louder than 51db.
8. UNREAL that the retail is 1k on this. I have owned $400 dollar units that worked better.
9. The soap dispenser at times "dribbles" extra soap. (we have used the same recommended soap from day 1)
10. When clean on the outside - it does look nice!!!
Honestly, we purchased this to have consistency in our kitchen from unit to unit. We had to replace a 9 year old profile refrigerator (a bit short lived) and did this at the same time for a consistant look and feel. Never again.
Since we bought it through GE I am attempting to get a refund and just return it. We have owned it less than 3 months.
I simply would not buy this unit at any price.
- I do not recommend this product.