Cleaning a Front Load Washer Pump Filter
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Due to the nature of the front-load washer,it is sometimes possible for small articles to pass to the pump. The washer has a filter to capture lost items so they are not dumped to the drain. To retrieve lost items, clean out the pump filter.
Note: This process is good for newer Front Load Washers only.
- Using a coin or flat screwdriver in the notch on the door, open the access door.
- Place a shallow pan or dish under the pump access door and towels on the floor in front of the washer to protect the floor. It is normal to catch about a cup of water when the filter is removed.
- Pull down the pour spout.
- Turn the pump filter counterclockwise and remove the filter. Open slowly to allow the water to drain.
- Clean the debris from the filter.
- Replace the filter and turn clockwise. Tighten securely.
- Flip up the pour spout.
- Close the access door.
View on cleaning the pump filter: Play Video