Over-The-Range Microwave Interior Lamp Replacement
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Over the range microwaves have one interior light, typically visible on the upper right side of the cavity. There is not a light located on the left side of the cavity.
If the interior light needs to be replaced, consult the Owner's Manual that came with your unit for light replacement directions. If the Owner's Manual for your model does not provide instructions for lamp replacement:
- Unplug the microwave oven.
- Remove the vent grille or vent cover. Follow the vent grille/cover directions in the "To Remove the Charcoal Filter" section of your Owner's Manual.
- Once the vent is removed, remove the lamp compartment cover by removing the screw that holds the cover in place. If the cover is too difficult to access, a service technician will be required.
- Remove the bulb by pushing inward gently and turning counter-clockwise.
- Replace the old bulb with the same wattage bulb.
- Replace the compartment cover and vent grille.
- Plug in the microwave.
Note: On model PVM9005, the glass window is tinted, so it may appear the interior light is not on. If you open the door and the light comes on, then the microwave is functioning properly.
To schedule a service appointment to replace the interior light, contact GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule an appointment online