Over-The-Range Microwave Interior Lamp Replacement
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Note: Follow the specific Owner's Manual that came with your unit for lamp replacement directions. If the Owner's Manual for your model does not provide instructions for lamp replacement then you will need service as the interior lamp is not consumer replaceable. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual.
Follow the instructions below to replace the lamp in your over-the-range microwave (consumer replaceable lamps only):
- Unplug the microwave oven.
- Remove the lamp compartment cover by removing the screw that holds the cover in place. The cover is usually located at the rear of the outer case or on the side. If there is no cover, then the lamp must be replaced by a service technician.
- Remove the bulb by pushing inward gently and turning counter-clockwise.
- Replace the old bulb with a 20/25/30-watt bulb, depending on the model.
- Replace the compartment cover and plug it into the oven.