Cleaning a Room Air Conditioner
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Keep room air conditioners clean by performing the following tasks:
- Dampen a cloth with mild detergent and wipe the front and rear of the indoor grille.
- Vacuum the indoor grille with a cleaning brush.
- Wipe or vacuum the areas behind the grille.
- Clean the air filter.
- Make a mixture of lukewarm water and mild soap and wipe down the cabinet of the unit.
- If the outdoor coils are clogged with debris, they may be professionally cleaned.
Take special care not to force movable louvers out of position or to damage the coil fins.