Washer Cleaning Fabric Softener Dispenser
- Remove the dispenser from the top of the agitator.
- Separate the dispenser cup from the cover by grasping the top and pushing down on the inside of the cup with your fingers. Dispenser cup will pop free from the cover.
- To clean the dispenser, soak both the dispenser cup and the dispenser cover in the following solution:
- 1 US gallon (3.8 liters) warm water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy duty liquid detergent
- 1 cup (240 ml) bleach
- If necessary, loosen build-up with a clean, soft cloth after soaking. Do not use a stiff brush; you may roughen the surface of the dispenser.
- Rinse and reassemble dispenser. Place dispenser back on the agitator.
- Make a solution of hot water and liquid detergent.
- Pour into the dispenser.
- If the washer has a warm rinse option, use the warm setting and run the washer through the rinse cycle two or three times. If the washer only has cold rinse, pour hot sudsy water into the dispenser between rinses.
Tips to prevent build-up:
- Always dilute the softener with clean water, as recommended by the softener manufacturer.
- Once a month, fill the washer and dispenser with hot water and liquid detergent. Allow to stand for two hours and then run through a regular cycle.
To view a video for fabric softener usage: Play Video
To view a video for fixing an Agitator installed fabric softener broken or noisy: Play Video