Microwave Turntable Does Not Turn
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
If the turntable does not turn check the following:
- Make sure the turntable is centered and seated properly.
- On models with a stirrer motor there is a shaft protruding up through the floor of the microwave. Make sure the turntable is securely fastened to this shaft.
- On models that turn on a ring with wheels attached, make sure the turntable is seated securely on the ring.
- Check the turntable to make sure it is placed right side up. If the turntable plate is upside down it will drag on the floor of the microwave.
- Check to make sure that there is no food or debris under the "wheels" of the turntable ring. Food can prevent the wheels from moving forward.
- Be certain you are pressing a cook function rather than a timer function.
- If the microwave has a turntable on/off feature make sure the turntable was not inadvertently turned off. Try depressing the turntable on/off pad to re-engage the turntable.
If the above suggestions do not solve the issue and the turntable will still not turn, we recommend contacting service. If you would like to schedule a service appointment, please contact GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment on-line.