Range or Oven - Setting Self-Clean Cycle (Non-Electronic Controls)
The following are general instructions for setting the self clean cycle on your oven or range with mechanical controls. Consult your Owner's Manual for instructions specific to your model. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual.
Before running the self-clean cycle, remove all cookware, racks, food, and heavy soil deposits from oven. A plastic scouring ball and water may be used to remove any heavy soil.
- On window doors with shields, slide the door shield to the closed position, then close the door.
- If your model has a latch release button, push and hold the latch release while sliding the oven latch to the Clean position. Turn the oven set and oven temperature knobs clockwise to "Clean". If the temperature knob does not have a "Clean" position, turn the knob to any temperature.
- Push in and turn the STOP dial ahead from the present time of day: 2 hours for light soil or 3 hours for heavy soil. Ex: If the current time is 9:30, set the clean stop dial to 12:30 for a 3 hr. clean.
- The "Clean Light" comes on immediately to indicate the clean cycle has begun. On some models it may cycle on and off.
- The "Lock Light" will turn on approx. 30 - 40 minutes into the cycle.
- When the clean cycle has ended, the Clean Light will go off.
- Approx. 30 - 40 minutes after the Clean Light has gone out and the oven has cooled, the "Lock Light" will go off.
- When the "Lock Light" goes off, push and hold the latch release button while sliding latch back to the "Cook" position.
- Turn the oven SET Knob to OFF.
Note: Do not set the oven for self-clean if the oven clock is not working properly or the oven lamp cover is missing.