Washers - Water Level and Load SizeDescription of washer water level and typical load size:
Water Level Setting
|Typical Load Size|
|Small||Less than 1/3 full of clothes|
|Medium||Between 1/3 and 1/2 full of clothes|
|Large||Between 1/2 and 2/3 full of clothes|
|Extra Large and Super||Over 2/3 full of clothes|
- We recommend trying to match water levels and load size as closely as possible.
- Load dry items loosely, no higher than the top row of holes in the washer tub.
- Using too much water can result in poor washing performance due to lower detergent ratio.
- Using too little water can cause poor rinsing, linting problems, wrinkling, and excessive wear on fabrics.
- Try to wash same type materials together. For example, do not wash lint producing fabrics with lint "collecting" fabrics (i.e., towels with corduroy).
View a short video on getting the best wash performance from your washer: Play Video