Green Light on Icemaker Flashing (Icemaker Diagnostic)
If the green light on your refrigerator icemaker is flashing and the icemaker will not make (harvest) ice, run the following icemaker diagnostic:
Note: This is for icemakers with an On/Off switch with LED light only.
- Turn icemaker Off for 15 seconds and turn back on.
- Push in on paddle 3 times and only 3 times within 15 seconds of powering the icemaker back on.
- Within 3 minutes, the icemaker should enter the harvest state.
- The heater will turn on for a minimum of 20 seconds, and the rake inside the icemaker will make one full revolution and return to the "Home" position. In the "Home" position, the rake teeth are even with the ice stripper teeth.
- At the end of 3 minutes, the icemaker mold should fill with water. The water valve energizes for 4-7 seconds.
- The green light under the ON/OFF switch should be on and steady.
- The test is complete.
WARNING: Icemaker body can get very hot during the harvest portion. Exercise caution in touching mold body during the test.
Note: If the Harvest state takes more than 7 minutes, the icemaker will initiate a Harvest Fix mode. In Harvest Fix Mode, if the Harvest state is not complete within 30 minutes, the icemaker will enter the Fault state. In the Fault state, the green light will flash. This often indicates the icemaker will need to be replaced.
View the Icemaker Diagnostic video: Play Video
What will make the Green Light flash?
- Harvest time greater than 30 minutes.
- Rake is stuck - Most likely a jammed cube. Clear jam and turn icemaker off and on to clear fault.
- Heater not operating, mold body does not get warm - Requires icemaker replacement.
- Motor not operating or rake does not stop rotating - Requires icemaker replacement.
To schedule a service appointment, please contact GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment online.