Refrigerator - Frost in Freezer
If the doors are opened frequently, left open, or even left slightly ajar, it would not be unusual to see a frost build-up on the shelves, packages, or walls.
Try the following to resolve this problem:
- Remove any visible frost build-up with a dry towel.
- Turn the control to a warmer setting. Refer to your Owner's Manual. Download a copy of your Owner's Manual
- Check to ensure the doors close properly.
- Check the door gasket. If the gasket has cuts/tears/rips it needs to be replaced.
- Check door alignment. If the doors are uneven, refer to your Installation Instructions. Download a copy of your Installation Instructions
- Make sure the refrigerator is leveled properly. The doors should close on their own. Refer to your Installation Instructions. Download a copy of your Installation Instructions
View a short video on how to level the refrigerator: Play Video
If frost continues to form after 24 hours, contact GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment on-line.