Microwave Defrosting A Turkey Breast
Follow the steps below to defrost a turkey breast in the microwave:
- Place the unwrapped turkey, breast side down, in a cooking dish.
- Microwave at the defrost level one half of the recommended time listed in the cookbook (Usually 3-5 minutes per pound).
- Remove the breast from the microwave an turn it over. Shield any warm edges with small strips of foil. Be careful not to allow any foil to touch the sides of the microwave.
- Secure the foil with tooth picks if necessary.
- Continue to defrost the remainder of the recommended time.
- Remove the Turkey breast from the microwave.
- Rinse well with cold water.