Water Systems - The Lights are Not Working on Your Premium Filtration (Reverse Osmosis) System
During normal operation, the green light should flash only when dispensing water. If the light continues to flash when water is not being dispensed, the system needs service.
Check for the following if the lights are not working:
The wire to the faucet is disconnected
There is a set of small wires that go from the electronic monitor to the faucet base lights. Locate the monitor that consists of a white box with 4 tubes attached. Follow the wires to the plastic connectors that are 12 inches apart from the monitor. Check that the connector is plugged in tight.
- On the PNRV18 model, the tank is on the bracket on the side of the tank.
- On the PNRV12 model, it is mounted on the cabinet wall near the unit.
- If the Premium Filtration (Reverse Osmosis) system is located in the basement, there will be extensions with several connectors. You must check them all.
The batteries are installed backwards, not installed or dead
- Locate the electronic monitor and remove the cover. There are snaps on each side.
If the batteries are missing or dead, install four fresh AA 1.5 volt batteries.
- If the batteries are installed incorrectly, look at the diagram on the unit's case showing proper installation. The negative side of the battery should be pointing out towards the spring.
The Tank Is Almost Empty
- When the unit indicates a high usage and the tank is almost empty, the water flow may not be high enough to turn the light on. Allow the tank to refill for approximately four hours. Then check to see if the lights are working.
Testing the SmartWater System
- You can test to see if your SmartWater is functioning by dispensing water. The green light should flash within 10 seconds.
- If the green light flashes but you are not dispensing water, it may be due to the fact that the unit is connected to an icemaker/dispenser refrigerator. If the icemaker calls for water, the green light will flash, or if water is being dispensed from the dispenser the light will flash too.
Note: The batteries should be changed every six months along with the filters.