Range or Wall Oven - “LOC DOOR” Flashes in the Display
If “LOC DOOR” is flashing in the display of your range or wall oven and the self-clean cycle has not been selected, first, check to make sure the Control Lockout feature was not engaged. Consult your Owner's Manual for directions specific to your model. Download a copy of your Owner's Manual
If it is not the control (child) lockout, follow the steps below to reset your control:
- With the door open, locate the door jamb switch on the face of the oven. It will look like a small black post or dowel.
- Push it in until the oven cavity light goes off, indicating that the oven believes the door is closed.
- While you hold the door jamb switch in this position, complete the following steps. Press the Clean pad, wait 10 seconds.
- When the cycle initiates, press the clear/off or cancel pad immediately to cancel it.
- Wait 10 seconds for the display to clear.
- The door should unlock and there should not be a need for service.
- Press the Clean pad.
- Close the door.
- Slide the latch to lock the door.
- Hit the cancel button immediately.
- Unlock the door.
If the above does not correct the situation, service may be required. You can schedule a service appointment with GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment online.