How to Clean Stainless Steel
Stainless steel has some unique cleaning characteristics. In order to keep your appliance looking like new, we recommend cleaning it with one of the following options.
- For regular daily maintenance: Use mild soap (dish soap) and water.
- Cerama Bryte® stainless steel appliance cleaner on stainless steel exteriors or interiors. This can be purchased through GE Appliance Parts, 16 oz bottle Part number PM10X311.
- Citrushine Stainless Steel Wipes, removes fingerprints, de-greases and shines without streaking. This can be purchased through GE Appliance Parts, Part number WX10X10007.
- For heavy soils: Use a paste of baking soda and water while rubbing with a soft cloth.
- Do not use appliance wax, polish, bleach, steel wool, abrasives, ammonia, acids or commercial oven cleaners.
Other Cleaning Suggestions:
- For appliances previously cleaned with a mineral oil-based stainless cleaner: Before using the Cerama Bryte® stainless steel appliance cleaner, wash the surface with dish soap and water to remove oily residue. Then use a generous amount of Cerama Bryte® stainless steel appliance cleaner to clean the appliance. (Future cleanings require only the normal amount of Cerama Bryte®.)
- For rust, tarnish, and small blemishes: Cleaners that contain Oxalic Acid, such as Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser, will remove rust, tarnish, and small blemishes. Use only the liquid cleanser (free of grit) and be sure rub in the direction of the metal grain lines with a damp soft sponge.
- For discoloration: Use a stainless steel cleaner and polish in the direction of the brush marks with a soft sponge per the User's Manual. Do not use an abrasive 'green' scrub pad, as that can scratch the surface. This should remove the discoloration. Rinse cooktop surface well with water.
If you would like to purchase, please contact our GE Appliance Parts Center at 1.800.626.2002 or purchase a part online.