Vent Hoods - Cleaning Grease Filters
With careful use and handling, grease filters will last for years. Cleaning the grease filters in range hoods and over-the-range microwave ovens is dependent on what type of cooking is done. For normal use, filters should be cleaned once a month.
To remove the filters:
- Slide the filter using the tabs.
- Pull the filter down and out.
To clean the filters:
- Soak them and the swish around in hot water and detergent. Allow the filter to dry completely before putting it back in place.
- Light brushing may be used to help remove embedded soil and dust.
- Do not use ammonia or ammonia products.
- Dishwasher cleaning is acceptable, but may discolor the filter.
To replace the filters:
- Slide the filter into the frame slot(s).
- Press up and slide into place.
If there is any doubt as to the type of filter you have, please consult the Owner's Manual. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual.