Countertop Microwave Interior Lamp Replacement
Follow the lamp replacement instructions in the Owner's Manual that came with your microwave. If the Owner's Manual for your model does not provide instructions for lamp replacement then you will need service, as the interior lamp is not consumer replaceable. Download a copy of your Owner's Manual.
Follow the instructions below to replace the interior light in your counter top microwave (consumer replaceable lamp only):
- To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
- Remove the lamp compartment cover by removing the screw that holds the cover in place. The cover is usually located at the rear of the outer case or on the side. If there is no cover, then the lamp must be replaced by a service technician.
- Remove the bulb by pushing inward gently and turning counter-clockwise.
- Replace the old bulb with a 20/25/30-watt bulb, depending on the model.
- Replace the compartment cover.
- Plug in the microwave.
Most countertop microwaves require service to replace the interior light. For service, please schedule an appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.