Air Conditioners Cleaning the Filter
The air filter in your built-in or window room air conditioner should be cleaned every 30 days to ensure unrestricted airflow and improve performance. Filter removal and location varies depending on the individual model. Please consult the Owner's Manual for instructions specific to your model. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
Cleaning Dos and Don'ts
- Do: You can vacuum the filter gently with the brush attachment
- Do: You can wash the filters warm water. If filter is very dirty, use a mild dish detergent in the wash water.
- Do: Running a little baking soda water over the filter before rinsing it can help remove accumulated odor. Be careful not to tear or damage the filter while cleaning.
- Don't: The filter cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Don't: Reinstall a damp filter. Wait for it to dry completely before installing it.
- Don't: Use the air conditioner until the filter has been put back in place.