Air Conditioners Cleaning the Filter
The filter of a room air conditioner should be cleaned every 30 days to ensure unrestricted airflow.
- You can vacuum the filter or wash with warm water. If filter is very dirty, use a mild household detergent in the wash water.
- Running a little baking soda water over the filter before rinsing it can help remove accumulated odor. Be careful not to tear or damage the filter while cleaning.
- The filter cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Once filter is clean, allow it to dry before you reinstall.
- Do not use the air conditioner until the filter has been put back in place.
Filter removal and location varies depending on the individual model. Please consult the Owner's Manual. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual