How to Clean the Refrigerator Interior
It is best to clean the refrigerator at least once a year. To clean it properly, follow these steps:
- Turn the temperature control to OFF. Consult the Owner's Manual for instructions.
- Unplug the refrigerator.
- Mix together one to two tablespoon of baking soda and one quart of water.
- Wipe down the walls of the refrigerator with this solution, then rinse it with water.
- Wipe the refrigerator dry.
Follow this same procedure with cleaning of door gaskets, vegetable drawers, ice storage bin, and all of the other plastic parts, glass shelves, and wire shelves.
- Be careful not to take glass from the refrigerator and place under hot water. The extreme temperature change may cause the glass to break.
- After cleaning the door gasket with mild soap and warm water, you can apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the door gasket at the hinge side. This will keep the gasket pliable. Do not use bleach or cleaners other than mild detergent (ex. dish soap) on the gaskets.
- Use abrasive cleaners.
- Place any plastic parts or glass shelves in the dishwasher.
- Place glass shelves from the refrigerator and place under hot water. The extreme temperature change may cause the glass to break.