Determining Warranty Coverage and Purchasing Extended Service Plans / Contracts
An appliance warranty begins with the date of purchase.
Details of the warranty are listed in the owner's manual included with the appliance. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
- The sales invoice, letter from the builder, or other proof of occupancy validates the purchase date.
- When proof of purchase or ownership is not available, the manufacturing date of the appliance will be used to determine the age of the appliance and warranty period of an appliance.
- To learn how to determine the age or manufacture date of a GE appliance, see How to Determine the Age or Manufacture Date of a GE Appliance.
Service Protection Advantage extended service contracts are available through Assurant, Inc.
- Call 1-800-626-2224 to learn more or visit Service Protection Advantage today to purchase an extended service contract. By visiting Service Protection Advantage, you are leaving our website and entering Assurant's site.
- Assurant is not affiliated with GE Appliances, a Haier Company, but is an authorized provider of extended service contracts for GE Appliances.
- Water heaters and water products are not covered.
To obtain in- or out-of-warranty repair, please schedule a service appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.