Dryer Lint Filters and How to Clean
The up-front dryer lint filter is conveniently located in the front of the dryer and is easy to remove for cleaning. We recommend that the dryer lint filter be cleaned after each dryer load.
To remove the filter: Grab the filter at the top center and pull up.
- After each use: Clean the filter by putting moistened fingers at the corner of the filter and wiping in a downward motion. Continue all the way across to the other corner.
- Periodically: If a dryer applied fabric softener or anti-static conditioner is used, the lint filter should be washed periodically. Use warm soapy water to remove the residue from the screen.
"Clean Filter" Message (on some models)
- Some dryers with electronic controls have a "Clean Filter" reminder that appears after each cycle is finished, and will stay on the display until the next load is run.
- This is a reminder message (not sensor based) and appears on the display even if the lint filter has been cleaned. It cannot be disabled.
To clean area under the lint filter:
- Unplug the dryer first. Then you can use an appliance or extendable lint brush or use a vacuum with the hose attachment to clean this area.
- Our Appliance Brush Set (PM14X10056) is designed for refrigerator coils, dryers, venting and more.