Microwave Cleaning Recommendations
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug the microwave from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Most spills and splatters in the microwave clean up easily with a damp, soapy paper towel or sponge. It is best to clean soil as soon as it appears. Consult your Owner's Manual for information about cleaning your microwave.
- Use a mild dishwashing liquid and damp cloth or paper towel.
- Baking soda and water may be used on any interior type.
- Cleaners designed for cleaning interiors of microwave ovens, such as MicroBryte® (WX10X3030) or Microwave Oven Magic®. Purchase a GE Appliance part online.
- Cerama Bryte Appliance Cleaner, part number WX10X392. Purchase a GE Appliance part online.
- If the food has cooked onto the interior:
- Heat one cup of water on full power for three minutes. The heat and steam help to soften the food.
- After the three minutes, allow five additional minutes of stand time.
- Then, clean as usual. A plastic pad or scrubber can be used.
- DO NOT use commercial oven cleaners, abrasive cleaners, or cleaners containing ammonia or bleach (can make the plastic brittle) on any part of the microwave.
Cleaning the door (both interior and exterior):
- Use only mild, non-abrasive soaps or detergents applied with a sponge or soft cloth. You can use Cerama Bryte Appliance Cleaner, part number WX10X392. Purchase a GE Appliance part online.
- Wipe with a soft, damp cloth and dry immediately. Do not spray any solution directly onto the controls