Top Load Washer - Hydrowave Motor Reset
The following applies to top load washers that are equipped with the Hydrowave system (check model specifications for models that have the Hydrowave system - generally on select models available 2011 - 2015):
If your washer fills with water but does not agitate or spin, you may need to reset your washer motor. Current washers do not use a transmission, so the motor takes on a larger role in the drive system. If your washer senses a power spike, unbalanced load, or disruption in power it will send a fault code to your motor and may require the motor to be reset:
- Unplug the washer for 1 minute from the electrical outlet.
- Plug the washer back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within a 12 second period.
- You have 30 seconds to start lifting and lowering the lid.
- The lid must be raised a minimum of 2" ensure the magnetic connection on the lid is interrupted.
- Make sure you close the lid completely each time.
- The motor has now been reset and is ready for you to start a cycle.
To test: Run a small load without placing clothes in the unit. If the washer fills and begins to agitate you may go ahead and add clothing and complete the wash cycle.
View a demo of the motor reset:
If the washer still does not agitate or if it stops again after a couple of loads, we recommend that you schedule a service appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.