Microwave - Explanation of the Child Lock Out Feature
Many microwave control panels can be locked to prevent accidental use or access by children. There are several different ways to lock the control panel depending on your model.
To lock the control (varies by model):
- Press and hold the CLEAR/OFF pad for 3 seconds. The display will show "LOCK" and then revert to the time of day.
- A small "L" may appear in the corner of the display as a reminder that the control panel is locked.
- If anyone tries to use the microwave, the display will show "LOCK".
- Press and hold the 5 and 7 pads simultaneously for 3 seconds.
- Press the Mute pad for 3 seconds.
To unlock the control: Repeat the procedure which was used to lock the control.
For directions specific to your model, consult your Owner's Manual.