Dryers - Door Swing
GE and Hotpoint top load and front load matching dryers have a 180 degree right hand door swing (hinges on the right), though most models have reversible doors.Reversible Door:
- Check the product specifications for the model to determine whether the doors are reversible. No additional hardware or kits are needed to reverse the doors.
- To reverse the door swing, consult the Installation Instructions for your dryer. Download a copy of the Installation Instructions.
- Dryers with pocket handles will have a pocket (to place your hand to pull open) located at the top and bottom of the dryer door. This allows for a pocket to be located at the top of the door no matter which way the door swings.
Exceptions (Cannot be reversed):
- Current Unitized models:
- Current models: GUD27, GUD24
- Older Unitized models:
- GTUN275, GTUP270, GTUP240, WSM2700, WSM2780: Right hand door swings only. They cannot be reversed.
- WSM2420 and WSM2480 have left hand door swings only.
- Older Portable Models: DP1375G, DDP1370S, DDP1375S have left hand door swings (manufactured in the early 1990s)