Maximum Turkey/Chicken Sizes for Ovens and Advantium
The below can be used as a general guideline when determining what sized turkey can be cooked in our ovens and ranges. For any size oven, the food item should have a minimum of one inch air space on all sides: top, bottom, right, left and back wall.
Oven Poultry Size
For any size oven, the food item should have a minimum of one inch air space on all sides: top, bottom, right, left and back wall. 24-26 lbs. is usually the largest size turkey available for purchase. A normal bird size is 22-23 lbs. The pan size needed to accommodate the turkey may restrict sizing. Larger sized turkeys are baked on the lowest rack position in range/oven.
- A 30" Freestanding Range (and most 2017 and newer Slide-in Ranges) will hold a turkey about 24-26 lbs.
- A 30" Freestanding Double Oven Range (and most 2017 and newer Slide-in Ranges) - the lower oven will hold a turkey about 20 lbs.
- Note: The turkeys we test are normally in the 20-25lb range, and in those cases we use the lower oven of the double oven. We do not have any information on turkey sizes for the upper oven, nor do we recommend cooking whole turkeys/chickens/hams in the upper oven.
- A 30" wall oven (convection or conventional) will hold up to a 35 lb. turkey.
- Note: For 30" Single/Double Wall Ovens, it is recommended to go by turkey size rather than weight. Check oven interior dimensions by model.
- 27" and 24" built-in ovens will hold a turkey approximately 22-23 lbs. A larger bird may be accommodated depending on the shape of the bird.
Advantium Poultry Size:
When cooking either a whole chicken or a turkey breast in the Advantium oven, the general rule of thumb for maximum size is determined by the casserole dish it is being cooked in. We recommend that poultry be cooked in a 3-5 qt casserole dish with a lid. Being cooked in the dish helps keep the food moist and prevents splatters in the oven.
Generally, a turkey breast around 5 lbs will fit into one of these dishes or a chicken up to around 6-8 lbs max.It must fit into the dish with the lid to cook properly. The same power level settings used for a whole chicken can be used for cooking a Turkey breast.