Microwave Cooking Time vs. Conventional Cooking Time
For many foods, microwave cooking saves you time in preparing foods. It can cook many of your favorite foods in up to 75% less time than conventional gas or electric ranges.
Here are a few typical foods and a comparison chart of Microwave and Conventional cooking times:
|Food||Microwave Cooking Time||Conventional Cooking Time|
|Chili (6)||15 Minutes||40 Minutes|
|Baked Apple (1)||3-4 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|Stuffed Peppers (6)||22 Minutes||60 Minutes|
|Fresh Asparagus (1 pound)||9 Minutes||22 Minutes|
|Lasagna||17 Minutes||45 Minutes|
|Brownies||4-7 Minutes||25-30 Minutes|
Microwave Cooking gives you the convenience of:
- Choosing menus right out of your freezer
- Preparing foods in proper serving dishes with less pots and pans to wash.
- The use of paper plates which can be tossed away!
- The ease of re-heating foods.
- The flexibility of quick cooking a snack or meal.
The microwave energy from the magnetron tube is absorbed by the food and reflected from the oven walls so the heat in cooking with microwaves is confined to the food itself. Your microwave oven interior stays cool in most instances.