Stainless Steel Exterior Cleaning Tips
Stainless steel has unique cleaning characteristics. In order to keep the appliance looking like new, we recommend cleaning it with a cleaner designed for use on stainless steel, such as:
- Cerama Bryte Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaner (PM10X311). Cerama Bryte Stainless Steel Appliance Cleaner is available locally or through GE Appliance Parts. Purchase a GE Appliance part or accessory online.
- Citrushine Stainless Steel Wipes (WX10X10007).
- Other products available: Revereware Copper and Stainless Steel cleaner, Wenol Cream (Made in England) and Kitchen Magic. All should be available at most hardware stores and grocery stores.
Other products to use:
- Soap and water (also good for heavy soils)
- A thick paste of baking soda and water
- Non-detergent based cleaner.
- Wash, rinse, and polish with a dry cloth.
- Do not use steel wool, abrasives, ammonia, acids or commercial oven cleaners. They may damage the surface. These cleaning tips do not pertain to CleanSteel models.