Gas Surface Burners Not Clicking, Not Trying to Ignite
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
If one or more burners is not trying to light (not clicking), check the following:
- Make sure the correct burner is selected. Match the burner to the correct switch.
- Verify that the burner knob was first turned to the Lite position. Only after a flame is visible around the burner should the knob be turned to the desired cooking setting.
- Make sure the burner cap is on the correct burner. Your range may have one or more burners of different sizes. A medium burner cap will not work properly on a small burner, for example.
- Check to see if there is power to the range or cooktop at the plug or home's circuit breaker or fuse box.
- Try turning on the oven. If it comes on, but no burners work, then you will need to contact service.
If the igniters do not click when the surface burners are turned on, please schedule a service appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.