Reverse Osmosis - Reasons For Having Little or No Water
Below are some reasons for little or no water from the Reverse Osmosis. May not apply to all models. Please see Owner's Manual for model specific information. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
The Saddle Valve Is Not Turned On
- Locate the saddle valve on the cold water inlet line. Turn the valve counter-clockwise to turn the water on.
- On the PNRV18 model, locate the red tear drop knob on top of the tank. Turn it up so that it points towards the filter.
- On the PNRV12, the white tank is remote from the unit .Locate the blue knob on top of the tank and turn it so that it points toward the tubing.
- The water pressure decreases as the tank gets near empty since the reverse osmosis filter produces water at a slow rate. It takes 4 hours to produce 2 gallons of water. In the PNRV18 model, the tank holds approximately 1.5 gallons and in the PNRV model it holds 2.1 gallons. Allow four hours for the tank to fill and try again.
- For the PNRV18 only, turn on faucet and allow the tank to empty completely. Turn the red shut-off valve to the off position. Disconnect the post filter at the shut-off valve. Hold the container at the shut-off valve,turn on the valve and let it drain. Locate the air valve which looks like a valve on a bicycle tire, under the green cap, press down in the center of the valve, and hold down until all the water has been drained. Reconnect the post filter and turn on the saddle valve.
- PNRV12 models require service.
- A low initial flow rate is usually caused by clogged filters. You can solve this problem by changing your filters.
- If a low flow reoccurs in 6-8 weeks after installing the new filters, the problem is most likely to be poor quality of incoming water, debris, iron etc... It is suggested that you have your water tested. Contact your local water company.
- Please note that the flow will not be the same as a regular faucet. The normal flow from the reverse osmosis faucet should be at least one quart per 40 seconds. To test this, get a quart jar and time how long it takes to fill the quart jar.
- If it's a new installation in a new home, the filters may be clogged with debris from the pipes or a high level of sediment. You can solve this problem by changing your filters.
Low House Pressure
- A minimum pressure for the system to work is 40 Pounds Per Square Inch. Check with your local water company or have it checked up by a plumber.