Refrigerator - What is Not Covered Under Warranty
Problems with installation and issues of consumer damage to appliances are not covered under the original warranties. There will be a charge for service if the diagnosis is related to an installation or consumer damage issue. The consumer will be responsible for the repair if he/she installed the appliances or if the issue is the result of inadequacies of the consumer's home i.e. wiring issues, clogged drains, etc. Charges will vary based on the repair required.If a dealer or builder improperly installed the appliance, we suggest that the dealer or builder be contacted to resolve the situation.Warranties do not cover the following:
- Service trips to the home to teach the use and care of the appliance.
- Improper installation
- Failure of the appliance from abuse, misuse, use for other than intended purposes, or from commercial usage.
- Loss of food due to spoilage.
- Replacement of house fuses or resetting of circuit breakers.
- Damage to the appliance caused by accidents, fires, floods, or acts of God.
- Incidental or consequential damage to personal property caused by possible defects in the appliance.