Compactor - Not Working, Not Making Noise
If your compactor will not operate, try the follow suggestions:
- The compactor has an automatic thermal motor reset to protect the motor. If the compactor has been used several times in a row, wait a few minutes for the motor circuit to reset.
- Lift up on the foot pedal and then release it to allow the ram to complete a cycle.
- Confirm there is power going to the compactor by making sure the cord is plugged in securely and that the house circuit breaker has not tripped.
- Make sure the unit is not connected to an extension cord or surge protector.
- The trash container may not be positioned properly on door bracket. Check trash container and make certain that it is positioned properly so that it engages the tunnel switch when the door is closed.
- The door switch may not be engaged or the door is not fully closed due to the bucket not being positioned properly. The bucket must be properly positioned and the door fully latched before the safety switches are engaged.
- Faulty component in circuit (ex. start switch, container/tunnel switch, etc.). The container/tunnel switch is located inside at the rear; this switch closes when a bucket is in place. This means the latch is not properly adjusted and will require service.
For service, please schedule an appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.