Microwave Air Clearance - Countertop Only Models
Microwaves need adequate air clearance on each side, the rear and the top to function properly. This allows good circulation for the intake and discharge air vents.
- 3" of clearance on both sides and the top
- 1" clearance in the rear
- The front edge of the microwave (measured at door) should sit at least 3" or more back on the counter or shelf to avoid accidental tipping.
- If located on the counter near a range, we recommend locating it at least 2 ft away.
- Do not place near or over a heat source.
- Do not remove the feet of the microwave, as it can affect air circulation and make the microwave less stable.
- Do not place cookbooks, small appliances, or other items on top of the microwave.
These microwaves are intended for countertop use only. We do not recommend installing them in tight spaces, like a cabinet.