Double Wall Ovens - Sabbath Mode
Sabbath Mode on wall ovens is set through the Special Features mode on the oven control. Directions are found in the Owner's Manual for the oven. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual.
When setting the Sabbath Mode on a double wall oven, it activates the Sabbath Mode for both ovens, even though only one oven may be used. At this time there is no way to activate this feature in only one oven.
The Sabbath Mode, when activated, disables:
- 12-hour automatic shut-off
- Audible beep tones
- Temperature roasting probe
- Temperature display
During the Sabbath Mode:
- No temperature changes will be displayed, and the oven will operate continuously at the selected temperature. When in Sabbath Mode, the control generates a brief random delay in turning on the bake and broil elements.
- If running a self-clean cycle prior to setting Sabbath Mode and the concern is whether the oven gets hot enough, note that Self-Clean ovens reach a temperature of approximately 880 degrees F (does not reach 900F). This is sufficient to burn off food soils to ash, which can then be wiped away. If food particles remain, try running an additional self-clean cycle. Directions can be found in your Owner's Manual.
- It is not possible to have both ovens run a cooking time in the Sabbath mode.