Side by Side Refrigerator Handle Tighten, Remove and Replace
If your SxS refrigerator handle is loose, making noise or even falls off after use, it may not have been installed properly by the owner or installer. Some handles are not factory-installed. The handles are installed by the owner or installer as directed in the Installation Instructions. Download a copy of the Installation Instructions
- Push the handle so it is flush with the door face. Most handles require a 3/32" or 1/8" allen wrench to tighten.
- For instructions on replacing the handle:
Note: The video features a French Door Refrigerator; however, the handle installation is similar to SxS handles.
Plastic or Painted (Colored) Handles:
Handles with Cap (over each end of handle)
- Carefully, pop off cap. Use a small, thin screwdriver at the side edge of the cap.
- Tighten the bolt under the cap.
- Snap cap in place
Handles with Locking Tab:
- Take off handle. To remove:
- Locate locking tab under the handle at the upper handle base.
- Press the locking tab down and pull the handle up and away from door.
- Use a 3/16-inch Allen wrench (WX05X10316) to tighten the mounting stud. Turn clockwise to tighten.
- Replace handle
For instructions on replacing the handle: