Dishwasher How to Clean Fine and Ultra Fine Filters
Inspect and clean the filters periodically. This should be done every other month or more depending on usage. If there is a decrease in wash performance or dishes feel gritty, this is also an indication the filters need to be cleaned.
- To clean the Ultra Fine Filter, remove the bottom rack.
- Twist the Ultra Fine Filter counterclockwise and lift to remove.
- Rinse filter with warm soapy water and use a sponge to carefully remove any stubborn particles. Scrubbing with scouring pads or brushes can damage the filter.
- Once cleaned, replace the Ultra Fine Filter, and twist it clockwise to lock in place.When replacing the Ultra Fine Filter, there is an arrow embossed in the Fine Filter that should be used as a guide to align the placement of the Ultra Fine Filter.
- To clean the Fine Filter (mesh plate), remove the bottom rack.
- Remove the Ultra Fine Filter.
Twist each of the two retaining posts located toward the back bottom of the tub counterclockwise, and remove the Fine Filter.
- Rinse filter with warm soapy water. Scouring pads or brushes can scratch the filter surface but a soft brush or sponge may be needed to remove stubborn soils or calcium deposits caused by hard water.
- Once cleaned, replace the Fine Filter and the Ultra Fine Filter. Twist the two retaining posts clockwise to lock in place.