Fingerprint Resistant Stainless
Our Fingerprint Resistant Stainless offers a clear coat that allows the shine of the stainless to show through. This finish is designed with durability in mind, and makes cleaning easy. Unlike Traditional Stainless, Fingerprint Resistant Stainless does not require the use of special stainless cleaners.
- GE Appliances has designed this fingerprint resistant finish to blend with non-fingerprint resistant stainless steels. The color and tone of our Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel has very good color harmony with the other products. The finish does have a more rich satin finish (slightly less reflective), but in kitchen suite appearance reviews, this has been accepted broadly.
- Use a mild solution of soap and warm water with a clean, soft cloth or microfiber cloth.
- Wipe dry with a soft clean cloth or microfiber towel to avoid streaking or water spotting.
To prevent scratching, do not use the following for cleaning:
- Stainless Steel Cleaners
- Soap-filled scouring pads
- Abrasive cleaners
- Bleach or any product containing chlorine bleach
- Abrasive cloths and paper towels.
- Window sprays
- Vinegar or acidic/vinegar-based cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Alkaline cleaners
If this finish is scratched, using one of the two approved cleaning methods (mention above) can often help reduce the appearance of the scratches. For visible scratches, there is not an approved repair method to cover the scratches.