Portable Air Conditioner - Cleaning the Filter
Keeping your air conditioner filters clean will help the unit working efficiently and effectively. The air filters should be cleaned at least once a week for your unit to operate at optimum efficiency. Your Owner's Manual will highlight the best way to clean and maintain your portable air conditioner. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual
To clean the filter(s):
This is the most common set of instructions for removing and cleaning the filter. If they do not apply to your model, consult your air conditioner's Owner's Manual.
- Unplug the unit.
- Remove the filter. The filter or filters are usually on the rear on side of the unit.
- Filter Panel in Rear: Remove by pulling up on the upper filter panel.
- Filters on Side: Pull on the tabs to slide out the primary filters from the side of the air conditioner. The secondary filters are accessible once the main filters are removed.
- If you need a new filter: Order a Replacement Filter Online
- Wash with cool water or vacuum the dust from the air filters.
- If washed, gently shake the filter to remove the excess water and dust particles trapped in the filter.
- Reinstall the filter(s).
- Plug the unit back in.
Note: Some models have 2 filters that you remove and clean.