Range - Glass Cooktop Cleaning Instructions
Before using the glass cooktop for the first time, it is recommended to clean it with CeramaBryte Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner. This helps protect the top and makes cleanup easier. Daily use of this cleaner will also help keep the cooktop looking new. Other cleaning creams may not be as effective.
Use of sponges or cleaners other than those recommended can result in damage to the cooktop.
Normal Daily Use Cleaning
- If using the cream version of CeramaBryte® Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner (WX10X300), shake the cleaning cream well and apply a few drops of directly to the cooktop. If using the spray version of CeramaBryte® Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner (WX10X391), spray a small amount on the cooking surface.
- Use a paper towel or CeramaBryte® Cleaning Pad (WX10X350) to clean the entire cooktop surface.
- Use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove all cleaning residue. There is no need to rinse; however, it is important that you do not heat the cooktop until the cream has been cleaned off.
View a short video about cleaning your glass cooktop: Play Video
For information on Cerama Bryte cleaners and cleaning accessories, visit: Range - Glass Cooktop Cleaners
Consult your Owner's Manual for additional cleaning tips. Download a copy of your Owner's Manual
- Allow the cooktop to cool.
- Spread a few drops of CeramaBryte® (WX10X300) over the entire burned-on area.
- Using the included CeramaBryte® Cleaning Pad (WX10X350), rub the residue area, applying pressure as needed.
- For heavy, burned-on residue:
- Hold a razor scraper ((WX10X0302) at approximately a 45º angle against the ceramic glass surface and scrape soil. It will be necessary to apply pressure to the razor scraper in order to remove the residue.
- Keep small amount of cream on the residue as you scrape.
- After scraping with razor scraper, use the scrub sponge to remove any remaining residue.
- For additional protection, after all residue has been removed, polish the entire surface with the Cerama Bryte® and a paper towel.
Water or White Marks
- If there are areas with a metallic sheen, they are caused by mineral deposits from evaporated water and food. You can remove them by cleaning with CeramaBryte® (WX10X300).
Metal marks and scratches
- Be careful not to slide pots and pans across your cooktop; it will leave metal markings on the cooktop surface.
- These marks are removable using CeramaBryte® (WX10X300), CeramaBryte® Cleaning Pad (WX10X350), and/or razor scraper (WX10X0302).
- If pots with a thin overlay of aluminum or copper are allowed to boil dry, the overlay may leave black discoloration on the cooktop. This should be removed immediately before heating again or discoloration may be permanent.
- Carefully check the bottom of pans for nicks, gouges, or any rough area as these types of imperfections will scratch the cooktop.
Potential For Permanent Damage From Sugary Spills and Melted Plastic
Our testing shows that if there is a spillover from high sugar mixtures or melted plastic, we recommend the following:
- Turn off all surface units.
- Remove hot pans.
- Wear an oven mitt.
- Use the razor scraper to move the spill to a cool area on the cooktop.
- Remove the spill with paper towels.
- Any remaining spillover should be left until the surface of the cooktop has cooled.
- Do not use the surface units again until all residue has been completely removed.
Plastic or Porcelain from a Teapot
- If any plastic, or porcelain from a teapot, melts/hardens onto the glass it usually can not be removed because it bonds to the glass. The cooktop glass will have to be replaced.
- If the plastic has not already hardened, try gently removing it (no promises here). If this is unsuccessful, service will be necessary.
- If pitting or indentation in the glass surface has already occurred, the cooktop glass will need to be replaced. If you would like to schedule a service appointment, please contact GE Appliance Service at 1-800-432-2737 or schedule a service appointment online.
The CeramaBryte® cleaners and all recommended supplies are available through our GE Appliance Parts Center. Purchase GE Appliance parts or accessories online