Cleaning a Room Air Conditioner
Keep room air conditioners clean by performing the following tasks:
- Dampen a cloth with mild detergent and wipe the front and rear of the indoor grille.
- Vacuum the indoor grille using a cleaning brush attachment
- Wipe or vacuum the areas behind the grille.
- Clean the air filter. Air Conditioners Cleaning the Filter
- Make a mixture of lukewarm water and mild soap and wipe down the cabinet of the unit.
- If the outdoor coils are clogged with debris, they may be professionally cleaned. We do not recommend cleaning it yourself with a garden hose or pressure washer, since you are more likely to get water into electronic areas.
Note: Take special care not to force movable louvers out of position or to damage the coil fins.
If you need parts for the air conditioner, such as the filter or front grille, you can view and purchase available parts for your model at: Order Appliances Parts Online