Air Conditioners Heat and Cool Unit: Not Heating Properly
There are several things you can do to optimize the heating effectiveness of your unit:
- Make sure the mode switch or selector switch is set to HIGH HEAT and the Temperature Control to a higher number.
- Make sure the air filter has been cleaned in the last 30 days. For more information, see Air Conditioners Cleaning the Filter.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the units air flow. Including furniture, drapes, tables, etc.
- Make sure the rear grille is not restricted. This may cause the unit to cycle off due to compressor overload.
- Use the Electric Heat option. This turns off the heat pump (on models so equipped) and will warm the room with electric heat only. Use of this option may cause your utility bill to increase.
- Check and adjust if necessary the air directional louvers upward to promote improved airflow.
- Check all windows and vents. Make sure the windows are closed and made sure the control for the vent is set to closed.