Refrigerator Ice on Freezer Wall
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Causes for ice of the freezer wall:
- High humidity
- Heavy door openings
- Warm food load
- Packages resting against the rear wall
- Packages keeping the door open
After correcting these causes, the frost accumulation will go away in a few days. If not, check the following:
- The door gaskets not sealing properly or are torn or split.
- If gaskets need cleaning, see Refrigerator - Care and Cleaning of Interior and Gasket.
- If gaskets need to be replaced, see: Refrigerators - Easy to Remove Gaskets
- Fan in the freezer not running.
If the fan is not running or if these suggestions did not help, service will be required. For service, please schedule an appointment with GE Appliances Factory Service.