Gas Range and Cooktop Cleaning Burner Heads
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
To clean the burner heads:
- Wipe burner heads routinely when cleaning the range top.
- Check the holes in the burner head to make sure they are not clogged. If clogged, clean hole with a paperclip.
- For heavy cleaning:
- Remove burner head from the range and soak the burner head upside down in a solution of mild liquid detergent and hot water for 20-30 min.
- If soil does not rinse off completely, scrub in soap and water with a soft brush or a plastic scouring pad.
- For stubborn stains, you can scrub with a cleanser like Soft Scrub or Bon Ami. Rinse well to remove any traces of the cleanser, which might scratch the burners later.
- DO NOT use ammonia to clean the burner heads, as it will cause discoloration.
View a short video about cleaning open cooktop burners:
View a short video about cleaning sealed cooktop burners:
View a short video about cleaning other sealed cooktop burners:
Before putting the burner head back in place:
- Shake out excess water and dry burner head thoroughly by placing it in warm oven for 30 minutes.
- Then place the head back on the range, making sure the pin in the burner base goes in the hole of the burner head.
- Make sure the burner head is properly seated and level.