New Icemaker Not Producing Ice
If the refrigerator icemaker has just been installed, there are a few things that must happen before it can produce ice:
The refrigerator and icemaker must be at proper temperature.
- If just installed, the icemaker itself could take 24 hours to get cold enough to produce ice.
- The icemaker must reach 15 degrees F before a cycle will begin.
- The recommended fresh food temperature is 37 degrees F; the freezer temperature is 0 degrees F.
Make sure the icemaker is turned on.
- Icemakers are often shipped in the Off position.
- Consult your Owner's Manual for instructions. Download a copy of your Owner's Manual.
The water line must be purged of air.
- The icemaker will purge the air by cycling several times before filling with water.
- The first fill may only be a small amount of water, but the second cycle would fill over this. It may overfill slightly but this is normal.
View a short video about troubleshooting your icemaker: