Wall Ovens and Ranges - Manually Cleaning Self Clean Oven
If you prefer not to use the self clean cycle and want to hand clean the interior liner of a self clean oven, please follow the steps below:
- Wipe out minimal soils with dishwashing liquid soap & water solution using a cloth, sponge or plastic pad. If heavy soil exists, we recommend the use of the self clean cycle.
- If you prefer to hand clean, a scouring pad (sos or plastic) may be used, rubbing soiled area lightly to prevent scratching into the oven liner surface. Do not use scouring powders.
- Household ammonia can also be used when manually cleaning a self-clean oven. Place 1/2 cup in a shallow glass or pottery container in a cold oven overnight. The ammonia fumes will help loosen the burned-on grease and food. Do not turn oven on while ammonia is inside.
- To remove any remaining stubborn, baked-on stains, apply a non-abrasive cleaner, such as Bar Keepers Friend Liquid Soft Cleanser, using a sponge or clean cloth.
- Rinse the oven liner well after hand cleaning. Soap residue left on the oven liner can cause staining or discoloration when self-clean cycle is used.
The above procedure may also be used for inside of oven door; however, be sure to avoid rubbing or cleaning the door gasket.