Refrigerator - TurboFreeze Setting
The TurboFreeze setting "revs up" the freezer compartment, cooling it quickly after frequent or extended door openings. This setting maximizes the cooling ability of the freezer compartment. You can even use it together with the fresh food compartment's TurboCool setting for maximum effectiveness. Please check out our Refrigerator - TurboCool Setting
article for more information about the TurboCool feature.
How TurboFreeze Works
- When this feature is selected, the compressor is activated and the freezer fan turns on at high speed. The fan continues running even when the door is opened.
- The freezer temperature will run at its coldest setting for a 2 1/2 hour period or until TurboFreeze is turned off (whichever comes first).
- You will typically see 'tF' in the temperature display when the freezer is set to TurboFreeze.
- Note: The symbol may look like an 'EF', an upside down f with an F or something similar. This is not an error code, it is the TurboFreeze (tF) setting indicator.
Turn TurboFreeze ON or OFF
- Press and hold the Freezer pad for 3 seconds, or, on models with a touch screen (LCD) display, press Express Mode.
Additional Appliance Needs
From a repair to a replacement, we are available to help. Rest assured that we can assist with all your appliance decisions. Please reach out to us any time
you need us.