Smart Washers and Dryers - Set-Up Built-in WiFi
Smart washers and dryers with Built-In WiFi can be identified by the WiFi icon on the control panel. When using the WiFi option, you will need to set-up the washer and dryer.Smart washers and dryers with Optional WiFi can connect to WiFi using the Connect Module powered by SmartHQ (PBX23W00Y0). For set-up assistance, visit: Smart Washers and Dryers - Set-Up Optional WiFi with Connect Module
Visit Smart Washers & Dryers for all current Smart Washers and Dryers.
To set up your washer and dryer:
Download the SmartHQ app.
The SmartHQ app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the SmartHQ app on your smart phone and Sign In or create a WiFi account.
- If you already have a WiFi account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the SmartHQ app.
Connect your washer and dryer. Each appliance should be set-up separately.
If you have been using the Clean Speak feature using the communication cable between the washer and dryer, remove the cable and plug in each Connect Module. The SmartHQ app will perform the same functions, so the cable is no longer needed.
- Open the SmartHQ app and sign in. From the Welcome screen, press OK.
- Turn on the appliance and initiate the WiFi by following the directions on the SmartHQ app. Once activated on the appliance, the WiFi LED on the display will flash.
- Find the Connected Appliance Info label on the appliance. The label contains the network name and password.
- Type in the password from the Info label.
- Go to your phone's WiFi settings and choose the network name found on the Info label. This will start communication between the SmartHQ app and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start and the WiFi LED will remain solid and no longer flash.
- The appliance is connected once the LED is solid and the SmartHQ app says "Connected!"
If you have difficulty connecting your washer: Smart Washers - Built-In WiFi Set-Up TroubleshootingIf you have difficulty connecting your dryer: Smart Dryer - Built-in WiFi Set- Up Troubleshooting
For further assistance, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].