Washer and Dryer - Set-Up Built-in WiFi Connect
Washers and Dryers with WiFi Connect have Built-In WiFi. They can be identified by the WiFi Connect icon on the control panel. When using the WiFi Connect option, you will need to set-up the washer and dryer separately.
Optional WiFi Connect models can connect to WiFi using the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module. For WiFi Connect set-up of these models: Washer and Dryer - Set-Up Optional WiFi Connect with ConnectPlus / U+ Connect Module
Visit Connected Washers & Dryers for all current WiFi Connect Washers and Dryers.
To set up WiFi Connect on your washer and dryer:
Download the Laundry - GE Appliances App.
The Laundry - GE Appliances App can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and Sign In or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App.
Connect your washer and dryer. Each appliance should be set-up separately.
If you have been using the Clean Speak feature using the communication cable between the washer and dryer, remove the cable and plug in each ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module. The App will perform the same functions, so the cable is no longer needed.
- Open the Laundry - GE Appliances App and sign in. From the Welcome screen, press OK.
- Turn on the appliance and initiate the WiFi by following the directions on the App. Once activated on the appliance, the WiFi LED on the display will flash.
- Find the Connected Appliance Info label on the appliance. The label contains the network name and password.
- Type in the password from the Info label.
- Go to your phone's WiFi settings and choose the network name found on the Info label. This will start communication between the App and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start and the WiFi LED will remain solid and no longer flash.
- The appliance is connected once the LED is solid and the App says "Connected!"
If you have difficulty connecting your washer: Washer Built-In WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting
If you have difficulty connecting your dryer: Dryer Built-in WiFi Connect - Set- Up Troubleshooting
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].