Refrigerator Optional WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting
For help connecting your WiFi Connect refrigerator: Refrigerator - Set-Up Optional WiFi Connect with ConnectPlus / U+ Connect Module
If you have difficulty with the set-up process when connecting your WiFi Connect refrigerator to your WiFi:
Refrigerator Does Not Support ConnectPlus / U+ Connect
- The WiFi Connect feature is not available on all refrigerators. View which models have this feature: Optional WiFi Connect Refrigerators
Password to Connected Module is Incorrect or Failed
- Verify the password found on the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module and re-enter.
LED Light on the Module is Not Flashing / Not On
- Verify the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module is plugged into the appliance. Press and hold the button on the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module until the LED starts to flash.
- View a video on installing a ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module on your refrigerator: Installing a ConnectPlus
- You may have entered the wrong password or chosen the wrong home network. Verify you have entered the home WiFi network password correctly.
- HINT: To check if the issue is with the password or the App, disconnect the phone or another device from your home WiFi network and reconnect by entering your password manually.
- View a short video about fixing issues with your home WiFi network password:
- If the password is correct and the app will not connect, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].
App Cannot Locate the Home Network
- If you do not see your home network in the list of WiFi networks, your home network may be hidden. Chose the "Other" option and enter your network name and password yourself.
- If the App still cannot locate your home network, move the router closer to the appliance or purchase a WiFi extender.
- LED Solid Light: The app is unable to locate the appliance in the GE Appliances Cloud. Close the app and reopen it to resolve the issue.
- LED Flashing Light: Password or home network is incorrect. Press "Retry" and re-enter the home network name and password.
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].