Refrigerator - Set-Up Optional WiFi Connect with ConnectPlus / U+ Connect Module
When using the WiFi Connect option, you will need to set-up the refrigerator. Models with Optional WiFi Connect will each require a ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module.
Refrigerators with Built-In WiFi Connect can be used directly with the Kitchen - GE Appliances app using your home WiFi. For WiFi Connect set-up of these models: Refrigerator - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
Visit Connected Refrigerators for Built-In WiFi Connect and Optional WiFi Connect Refrigerators.
To set up Optional WiFi Connect on your refrigerator:
Download the Kitchen - GE Appliances app.
The Kitchen - GE Appliances app can be used on Apple or Android smart phones, and is available to download for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded, open the App on your smart phone and Sign In or create a WiFi Connect account.
- If you already have a WiFi Connect account, select "Sign In." This takes you to the Welcome screen.
- If you do not have a WiFi Connect account, select "Create Account." After you fill out the required information, you will receive an email to verify the account. Once the account has been verified, you will be able to use the email and password you created to sign into the App. Creating an account on the Kitchen - GE Appliances app:
Determine your control type. There are two types of control panels on WiFi Connect Refrigerators:
LCD Touch Screen Control
Pushbutton Control (also called Cap or Capacitive Touch)
Hint:If you are unsure of which control type you have, open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign into your account. On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to view the "Add An Appliance" screen. Press the ! symbol next to the "Fridge (LCD Display)" or "Fridge (Cap Touch)" to view a picture of each control panel.
Verify if your appliance has WiFi Connect.
- LCD Display: Touch the refrigerator LCD Display screen to wake up the display. Touch "Settings" and find the "WiFi" option.
- If "WiFi" cannot be selected, continue to Step 4 below.
- If "WiFi" can be selected, then the model has Built-In WiFi Connect. Follow the directions in: Refrigerator - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
- Pushbutton Control: Open the right fresh food door and locate the "Connected Appliance Information" label on the right side wall.
- If there is a label, then the model has Built-In WiFi Connect. follow the directions in: Refrigerator - Set-Up Built-In WiFi Connect
- If there is not a label, continue to Step 4 below.
Check if your appliance is compatible with the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module.
Open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign into your account (if you are not already signed in). On the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to add the refrigerator to your account. Select your refrigerator type to take you to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" since you either have an LCD Display model that does not have WiFi or you have a Pushbutton model.
- On the "Have Connect Plus?" screen, press the arrow next to "Purchase a Connect Plus" to enter your appliance model number.
- The App will confirm if the appliance supports ConnectPlus / U+ Connect. If it does, you will have a link to order the module online or purchase the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module here: PBX10W00Y0.
Connect your WiFi Connect refrigerator with the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module.
View a video on installing a ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module on your refrigerator: Installing a ConnectPlus Module
Once you received the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module, open the Kitchen - GE Appliances app and sign into your account. From the Home screen, press the Plus sign (+) to get to the "Add An Appliance" options. Select "Fridge (Connect Plus)" to take you to the Welcome screen. Press OK.
- Find the network name and password on the back of the module.
- In the App, go to the On the "WiFi Connect?" screen, press "No" since you either have an LCD Touch Display model that does not have WiFi or you have a Pushbutton model.
- Press Next on the "Have Connect Plus?" screen.
- Enter the password or take a picture of the password on the back of the module with your phone.
- Once the password is confirmed, plug the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module into port at the top of the refrigerator. It plugs into a port on top of the refrigerator near the front in the middle.
- Make sure the WiFi LED on the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect module is flashing.
- Go to your phone's WiFi settings and choose the network name found on the ConnectPlus / U+ Connect label. If you do not know how to get to get to the WiFi settings, press "Show Me How" on the App.
- On Android phones, you may see "Disable Smart Network Switch" in the instructions on the App. Press "Show Me How" for instructions on disabling this feature. The option may vary by phone; look for other options like: Auto Network Switch; Check for Internet Service; or Avoid Poor Networks.
- Getting your refrigerator connected to your Android smart phone:
- After joining the GE network, return to the App and press Next. This will start communication between the App and the appliance.
- If successful, the "Choose home network" screen will appear. Find your home WiFi network and enter your password to connect the device back to your home network.
- If you do not see your home network on the list of WiFi networks, chose the "Other" option and enter your network name yourself.
- The Connecting process will start and the LED on the module will remain solid and no longer flash.
- The appliance is connected once the App says "Connected!"
Watch how to set-up your WiFi Connect refrigerator with LCD Touch Screen Display:
Watch how to set-up your WiFi Connect refrigerator with Pushbutton Controls:
If you have difficulty connecting your refrigerator:Refrigerator Optional WiFi Connect - Set-Up Troubleshooting.
For further assistance, call the GE Appliances Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].