Vent Hood - Chef Connect Feature
Vent hoods (including the Kitchen Hub) with Chef Connect can be synced (paired)* with any range that also has Chef Connect. This feature allows you to synchronize the range or cooktop burners with the hood's vent fan and light. Both the range and vent hood must have the Chef Connect feature.
*This is a Bluetooth® pairing feature between Chef Connect enabled products, and does not require a WiFi connection or smartphone.
When the vent hood is paired, the light and fan will turn ON at the Default Sync Settings upon receiving a command from the cooktop (ex. When the burners are turned on). It will remain ON at that setting until you change it.
Factory Default Setting:
- Light will be the brightest.
- The fan sync will be OFF.
To pair with a Chef Connect cooktop or range:
- First, set-up Chef Connect on the range. For more information, visit: Range - Chef Connect Feature
- To start the pairing process on the hood, press and hold the Light pad for 3 seconds.
- The backlight for the Lo – Med – Hi – light will flash in that sequence until the hood is paired with the range or other device.
- If the pairing is successful, all 4 lights (Lo, Med, Hi, and Light) will flash three times simultaneously and then turn off. It will time out after 2 minutes if pairing is not completed.
- After which the pairing sequence will need to be restarted.
To cancel pairing:
- Hold the Light pad for 3 seconds.
- Turn off the hood.
Changing the Default Sync Settings:
- Change the Default Sync Settings by pressing and holding the Lo pad for 3 seconds. This will
enter the Default Settings Mode.
- Once in this mode, the backlights for all buttons (Lo, Med, Hi, and Light) will blink On/Off indefinitely and the fan and light will switch to the current Default Sync Setting. This is so you know what the current default value is.
- At this time, set the light and fan to the desired default levels.
- Once you are satisfied with the selection, press and hold the Off pad for 3 seconds. This will exit this mode.
- The backlights will stop blinking and the state of the fan and light will change back to their prior state before entering the Default Settings Mode.
For more information about the Chef Connect Feature, visit: Chef Connect Feature
For assistance pairing your appliances, consult the Owner's manual for each model. Download a copy of the Owner's Manual