Smart Microwaves - Set-Up Troubleshooting
For help connecting your microwave: Smart Microwaves - Set-Up Built-In WiFi
If you have difficulty with the set-up process when connecting your microwave to your WiFi:
- You may have entered the wrong appliance network password. Re-enter the password found on the Connected Appliance Info label.
- If the password is correct and the SmartHQ app will not connect, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].
- You may have entered the wrong password or chosen the wrong home network. Verify you have entered the home WiFi network password correctly.
- HINT: To check if the issue is with the password or the SmartHQ app, disconnect the phone or another device from your home WiFi network and reconnect by entering your home network password manually. If the password is correct and the SmartHQ app will not connect, call the Connected Home Support Line at 1-800-220-6899, Monday -Friday 9am - 11pm ET, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm ET, or email [email protected].
App Cannot Locate the Home Network
- If you do not see your home network in the list of WiFi networks, your home network may be hidden. Chose the "Other" option and enter your network name and password yourself.
- If the SmartHQ app still cannot locate your home network, move the router closer to the appliance or purchase a WiFi extender.
- Wireless Icon on Microwave Display is Solid: The SmartHQ app is unable to locate the appliance in the GEA Cloud. Close the SmartHQ app and reopen it to resolve the issue.
- No Wireless Icon on Microwave Display: Password or home network is incorrect. Re-enter the home network name and password.